La intencion de este medio es para compartir con todos y todas mis trabajos de arte.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

To my dear teacher Alva Hooker

Miss Alva Hooker, a dear loved teacher who dedicated her life to education of  young people.  She recieved a lot of recognition for her dedication to education in Bluefields and Corn Island. I personally know several succesful professionals today because of the impact Miss Alva made in their lives.  I dedicate this Creole/English poem to her.  She always taught us to speak standard English and could not stand to hear us creolize Standard English.

SIT UP TRAIGHT AND LEARN

Sit up strate
When yu studiing, yu have to look like a student
No acking like a goat
Here yu come to larn
and not to spin yarn.

Miss Alva Hooker
my dear teacher
I owe her a lot to be where I'm at
she show me the lite
she made me feel great
and most of all she made me sit straight
and made me feel like I was the one
to make things come strong.

Children might think they canot do
they might even think they can't make dreams come true
but if there is a Alva Hooker to say:
you can do everything you think you may
chances are that you can do this alone
you might only need a little push
or you need a little rush
you might need a person like her
to be able to trust.

Make up your mind
if you want to be that great person in life
you need to sit up straight
you need to think strate
even when you feel like it is impossible
I can tell you
YOU CAN DO IT
what eva yu want
just make it yu bussiness to do things yu like
and you can be that person Miss Alva would like to see
at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment